Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I love to eat, eat, eat...

Apples and Banannas! All you moms know this song. It has been the one kid's song I knew by heart long before Kate came along. In high school I worked in a child care at a gym and the Barney version of "apples and banannas" has been in my head ever since.

About 2 weeks ago at katelyn's 4 month appointment we got the okay to start rice cereal. She did okay with it, but the look on her face told me she thought it was gross. A few friends suggested mixing in some fruit to help with the taste. WHAT A GREAT IDEA! We started Monday night, and now we have a very good eater on our hands. She opens her mouth for the next bite and doesn't make much of a mess. I'll have to post a video of her eating.

She's staying at my parents full time now. They said they'll video her next apples and cereal meal. We do one in the am with mommy and daddy, then grammy and gramps give her a second bowl at their house in the late afternoon.

Next week, we'll introduce banannas to the mix. Soon after that, the veggies will start :) Big Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment