Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Kid on the Block

Yesterday and today have been milestone days in Katelyn's life. Yesterday, I put her in a nursery for the first time. I volunteered at my church (Kristi- it was fun!). I'm sure Katelyn did fine, but she had some signs of crying (dried salt near the corner of her eye). That made my heart ache a little. Kristi and Ray's son Reid was with her. At least she had a familiar face. She must have been overstimulated. She was with my parents the 2nd 1/2 of the day and passed out for 3 hours when she usually naps an hour.

Today was a much bigger milestone. She started daycare. This is a natural next step, my parents can't watch her forever. She is attending an in-home daycare twice a week until she starts at her school. I love the daycare and the owner, so that gives me comfort. The owner watches her son, Katelyn and a set of 3 triplet girls. The owner was nice enough to send me a pic of her playing with the triplets. I bet she'll sleep good tonight! This will really be her first playdate. I think she'll do just fine, but we will see.



It was a little different dropping her off somewhere else. I've had a nanny at my house before, but this is a new place for her. I'm a little emotional, but not as much as I thought I'd be. I'm anxious to see how she does overall today. Sweet katelyn...mommy is sending you her love!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. How great for you AND Kate! I know it is hard to leave your baby girl but she is going to have the best time with her new friends. You're parents miss her I'm sure you, but think of their willingness to help for date nights! We must have a baby date!
    xo-S

    ReplyDelete