Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bad mood food

After 9 years of employment with Arby's, my last day was October 15th, last Friday. The new owners decided to run a lean organization and cleaned house. Mainly it was directors and VPs who got the boot. My position was eliminated along with many others.

I'm taking some time to think about things. I'm not going to rush back into full-time career until I explore my "perfect world" options. What are those options?

1) winning the lottery
2) finding a job share or part time job
3) be a SAHM (stay at home mother)
4) Use my media and marketing expertise to start doing consulting work
5) finding the perfect full-time job, There are only a few companies in Atlanta I'd consider working for.

I'm leaning toward #4. I'm currently exploring the "what if". I'm starting by talking to others who have started their own companies and checking with some Cpa's. If any of you have advice, bring it on!

I'm choosing to remain positive. I know God has other plans for me, and I'm sure those plans include more time with Katelyn. I'm greatful for that. Scott and I are both pretty sick so I'm taking it easy and trying to get well. I'm using this down time for researching.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help so far. I appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Ash-Catt! You are a tremendous inspiration to all of your girlfriends and we know that you will make the best decision for you and your family. We're here if we can help. xo-S

    ReplyDelete