Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hooray

I am a few days late on a post I intended to do. I was going to ask for some prayers. I interviewed with a company last week. It was my third interview. This is the 4th company I've had multiple interview with. I had been praying for God to give me a sign when I found the right opportunity.

I was leaving my 3rd interview, feeling really good about the opportunity and thinking it felt like a good fit for me. Then I got my sign. My favorite song right now is Oh Darling by Plug In Stereo (http://youtu.be/M2gwCyh-Y6c). It's rarely on the radio. It was playing as I exited the parking deck after the interview and the line that came on was "if you ask me for my heart, there's no way that I'll say no". I took that as my sign. The next song on the radio was Good Feeling. That's on all the time, so I took that as my confirmation that this move would make me happy.

I got a call from the company yesterday. I GOT AN OFFER!! And I accepted. Who is my new employer? Intercontinental Hotel Group otherwise known here in Atlanta as IHG. The offices are close to where I live. I'll be running their digital media campaigns targeted to business travelers. I've heard great things about working for them, and I can tell my boss is a rock star. I'm looking forward to my first day, this Monday the 30th!

I'm trying to make the most of these last few days off. I've got to dust off my work clothes. Not wearing work out clothes every day will be tough. Mama needs some new shoes and maybe an outfit or two. Time to go shopping :)

Katelyn and I went to the park yesterday to celebrate. We had fun on the playground and swings.

Thanks for all your encouragement and well wishes through this whole process. I'm lucky to have friends and family like you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley - was just reading your blog about the new job - congrats! That's Matt's new client and he starts on Monday, too. You'll have to look out for one another. :)
    Good luck~Erin Hawkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is good...very good. Follow your heart and everything will work out. IHG will be the big winner. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete