Monday, May 24, 2010

NYC and the Upfronts

New York was fun last week, but left me SO TIRED! The broadcast networks all release their new TV show line-up and introduce us advertisers/media folks to the new shows so we know whether to purchase them or not. I flew out Sunday. Good weather when I got there, so I went for a walk by the hotel. We stay by my old work building, so I know the area and love to see the old hangouts when I'm there (I worked in NYC for 2 years out of college at an ad agency).

Monday started with the NBC presentation. Boring presentation and a few new shows that look good. The Event has the most potential in my opinion. It's 24 meets Lost. In scott's wheelhouse is "Outsourced", a comedy about a call-center in India. Only, I don't know how long the jokes can last. Love Bites also has potential. Jimmy Fallon was the only TV star at their presentation, but on the walk out Jerry Seinfeld walked right past us.

Monday night was FOX. Their presentation was much more lively and they brought all their TV show stars out. My favorite- GLEE! They did a performance at the end and here's a REALLY quick, not great quality video from my boss's i-phone.


Tuesday afternoon was ABC at Lincoln Center. There is a REALLY funny comedy coming called Better Together. Two major highlights from that presentation: 1) a member of my "top 5 list" sat in my row...10 seats away...Matthew Perry! 2) the Modern Family cast's appearance. Gosh I love that show. Here's a pic of them:


Here is the NBC and ABC fall schedule starting this fall:


Turner was Wed. (TBS/TNT) and there were a few good sightings. The "Old Spice Guy" is in a new show so I tried to snap a pic for scott (bad quality). He LOVES those commercials.



I give the overall upfronts a 6 out of 10. Not too many new shows I'll plan on DVR'ing (that's a good thing with Baby Beannette on the way).

I needed a weekend of recovery and that just didn't happen. Too much to do! At least it was a fun week in NYC. Well, besides the weather. Tuesday it was a high of 61 and HUGE thunderstorms. Still fun, I love NYC. Oh, and one last celeb sighting on our plane home. Phil Fulmer (ex- tennessee coach) in the flesh, 2 rows in front of me. At first I thought he was an older TV actor, but couldn't place him...then I saw the ring. The giant pumpkin has lost weight.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment