Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vern Yip and Decorating Advice

Still slammed at work (what's new). I did want to post a quick note about a cool experience. Today I had a work event/luncheon presentation for Scipps networks (Food, HGTV, Travel, Great American country). Some of the network stars were there- Sam Brown, The Neeleys and Vern Yip. Lauren and I got to chat with Vern for a while. On the way to the hotel I was joking that I should ask Vern about decorating advice for the nursery. Well, I told him that we were joking about it and said, well if you have the fabric...let's see it. He gave me good advice and suggested colors to "play up" from the fun fabric I'm in love with. A picture of the fabric swatch is below.

He loved the fabric and said I need to keep it to this fabric and one other pattern in the room. He suggested the blue and the yellow to use as other colors in the room (but I've already got too much blue in the house, so I'll stay away from that). He said the light green will always be classic, so I'll probably go with that. Practical and classic pretty much sum up my designer tastes. I've got some ideas already!! My mom is a modern day Martha Stewart so she is making the window coverings, crib skirt, and bumper. I'm excited to get started...just a few graduation events then we'll switch to baby/nursery mode.



I found this fabric 2 or 3 years ago and fell in love with it. I told my mom back then if I ever have a little girl, I would have to use this in the nursery. Yeah for having a girl!

3 comments:

  1. i am (classically) green with envy. i love vern yip! did you ask him for a list of the best spots to shop in town??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie! What great advice. I love the fabric and my brain is going 1m/per min on ideas. I love the lt. grn color for walls

    ReplyDelete