Monday, May 3, 2010

Great B-Day Weekend!

I had a great weekend even though my beloved hubby was seriously ill with a cold. Saturday was my birthday and we started with a yummy breakfast at J. Christophers (I was craving french toast). Then we headed to The Dump and bought a king mattress which was my b-day gift (I'm a practical girl...the best gifts are the ones I'll use most often). We got a GREAT deal...or we think. Supposedly we paid 23% of the retail price on a really high end brand called Aireloom mattress. They are hand made and cost a pretty penny. We wanted a high end mattress since we spend 1/2 of our life on the darn thing. We ended up with a great one for a very decent price. Anyone heard of Aireloom or have one?

I headed to tennis to play my playoff match next. My partner and I won, but our team lost. It was still fun to be in playoffs. After a shower and a visit from my parents (thanks for the visit and the card/gift!!!), we headed to a low-key dinner that we could go casual to. Scott had already been through 2 boxes of tissues so he was a trouper to even go out to dinner. It was very yummy. We rented Couples Retreat (need to find a way to the St. Regis/Bora-Bora!) and got some good z's.

Sunday I shopped and ran errands, the cooked my sick hubby some veggie soup for dinner.

Think babies in the belly can hear thunderstorms? Atlanta had some crazy storms last night and Little Beannette woke me up a few times. I know babies in the belly hear "vaccum" type noises everyday, but I'm guessing they would hear a really loud thunder blast. Hope she wasn't scared! The storms kept me up a lot last night...boy am I tired!

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it was the most wonderful weekend. A new mattress?...ahhh! sleep now.:) xoxo-S

    ReplyDelete