Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby Allen's Nursery

Green won out over pink for the nursery as you probably saw last week. I'm very happy with the outcome. Pink was the front runner until we put a large sample on the wall. It was just too much.

Here is a pic of the paint color, crib and fabrics.


Now the big decisions are what fabrics to use for the bumper and bedskirt. The fabric I LOVE will be on a window valence with wooden blinds. The outside of the bumper will probably be that same fabric. Here are some of the options we are toying with:
1) Inside of the bumper: polka dots in the middle of the picture; Bedskirt: one of the pink stripes
2) Bedskirt: the dark pink/white seersucker; Inside of the bumper: maybe the dark blue or dark pink solid fabrics
3) bedskirt: THE fabric, outside of the bumper: polka dots with dark blue or dark pink piping on both the bedskirt and bumper to tie it all together

Here's another picture with the fabrics more close up.


If there are any design opinions out there, bring on the suggestions! I think stripes look great on bedskirts, but we haven't found a winning stripe yet. My favorite colors I'm trying to pull out are the darker blue and the darker pink.

I'm also going to decorate cute letters in my favorite colors and hang above the crib. Very exciting. In other exciting news Beanette has started get the hiccups. Daddy actually diagnosed them b/c I couldn't figure out what her constant kicking was. Supposedly they start in month 8. More to come later this week, hopefully I won't be working such late hours and I can post a few times. Sorry I've been so aloof.

Update: Just looked at this post to make sure the pics went up okay. See the orb in the first one? The little bubble near the bottom center? Some people say those are spirits. (Q the freaky music- Do do do do, do do do do)

1 comment:

  1. i love it!!! here's my vote ...

    valance: THE fabric
    outside bumper: THE fabric
    inside bumper: either seersucker or multi-colored stripes
    bumper ties: either seersucker or multi-colored stripes
    bedskirt: seersucker

    ReplyDelete