Monday, June 14, 2010

Do weekends get any better?

We had a great weekend. I don't know that I've had a happier weekend in a few years. It was great to spend time with Scott, watch the US play their World Cup opener, and have the BEST BABY SHOWER EVER. Scott and I are huge soccer fans, so we had some folks over for the game. I'll take the tie and the fluke goal. We play on Friday next and I'm a little nervous since it's a must win. A special shout out thanks for Mr. Green- the keeper for the Brits for his fumble and own goal. We had a good friend's graduation party Sat night, then I had dinner with Robin and Laura on the Roswell Square. man that area has gotten cute!

The highlight of the weekend was the baby shower on Sunday. The hostesses really outdid themselves. Robin, Sarah, Laura, Danielle and Kelly.... THANK YOU SO MUCH! When I get more pics I'll do a larger post on the shower. My cheeks are sore from all the smiling. Thanks for all the attendees!!

I'm super exhausted from all the fun. This week we'll be painting the nursery and getting everything ready for her arrival. So as I've posted before, I'm not a girly girl. At first, the idea of pink walls was an "absolutely not". I've been having a hard time finding the right green which is making me lean toward the pink. Here's a pic of the fabric with some color swatches. I'm even debating the dark pink up top with beadboard on the bottom 3rd. I promised scott I'd paint this week, so it's officially decision time. I really like the idea of the stripes of the darkers colors below a white chair rail, but I'm scared a) they won't look good b) will be too hard c) will make the room too busy. Any other suggestions? What would you do? The furniture is white. Our master bedroom and kitchen are both a pale slate blue, so that color isn't an option.




PS- we ordered our kitchen appliances today. Two are on backorder so I'm praying for a speedy delivery.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a tough one- but all are great choices and look fabulous!!! The green looks more grown up and the pink looks more like a baby. I would go with pink, it's just paint and you might change that when you start working on her "toddler room", but then again, I'm partial to pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote hot pink! But, I have a track record for hot pink bedrooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the dark pink ...stripes!!! Do you mean stripes of the same color with one being flat and the other glossy ... so then they are more subtle???
    Love that fabric!!! Can't wait to see pics of the shower....

    ReplyDelete