Monday, February 22, 2010

Pigtails or Mudpies?

We had out next appointment this afternoon.  The main point was to get the test results.  Unfortunately there was a mistake and they couldn't get the results for us today.  Our doc said the one measurement looked good and they'll rush the other results.  For those of you out of the baby game for a while they now measure the fluid in the back of the neck and it can show likelihood of chromosonal abnormalities like down syndrome.  Crazy, right?   The pic to the right shows the area they measure (I'm a novice..might be the darker area to the bottom right of the letters).  Science fascinates me!

Bummer that they couldn't get the results, but one thing made our visit.  We set the date for our gender ultrasound in week 19.  We will either do a gender reveal party that night or that weekend.  We are hoping both sets of grandparents can be there.  It's a great trend a few of my friends have taken advantage of.  You can either wait to find out what you are having in front of friends and family by having the doctor write it on a card sealed in an envelope or you and your hubby can find out and reveal it to the attendees.  I've got some really creative friends who have come up with some cute ideas for the big reveal.  If you have any, I'd love to hear them!  I just cant decide where to have it. 

We'll find out on April 1st, my sister Tiffany's anniversary!  Although it's april fools day, it is a VERY lucky day in our household =)

3 comments:

  1. The nuchal fold is to the bottom right of the letters......

    Pigtails definitely does not mean NO mudpies!

    Your baby is adorable!!! SAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. pigtails and mudpies! i agree!! lol. little bean is looking quite adorable in there! good job, mama!

    i love it that you're finding out on april fool's day. somehow that just seems appropriate. i had my tubes tied on april fool's last year. i hope that joke's not on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April Fools Day could not be more appropriate for the two of you!! LOVE that! I've got it on my calendar...

    and hi, Baby Allen! you're precious already - I can't wait to love on you!

    ReplyDelete