Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Madelyn Mathis Baker- We love you!

We got some sad news last Friday morning. Scott's maternal grandmother, Nonnie, was rushed to the hospital Thursday and they said her chances of surviving were small. We rushed down to Mobile, and we were lucky enough to spend some time with her before she passed Friday evening. Nonnie was an amazing woman and I'm only sorry I didn't know her longer. Here is a pic of Nonnie and her hubby, what a cute couple!



Scott's mom and family are doing okay. The funeral was Monday morning. I married into an amazing family. My in-laws are Gerry and Linda (Nonnie was Linda's mom). Gerry's 2 siblings and mom (Mom Myrt) all drove down from Atlanta at 4am early Monday to make it to the funeral. That's class. I'm a lucky woman to have the Allen's and I know it meant so much to Linda (aka Mama Lin).

The reasons for the gathering were somber, but it was also nice to spend 3 days with Scott's immediate family and the twins.

Nonnie will be missed, but I find comfort that she is with her husband in heaven and they will both be looking out for little Bean!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Scott and I really appreciate it.

The gender reveal was cancelled, but I'll do a blog reveal soon. Trying to play catch up in an already hectic work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment