Friday, July 16, 2010

The Childbirth Class

I forgot to post about the childbirth class last weekend. We took a day long course on the joys of childbirth. This was the one class our OB practice recommends and now I'm scratching my head why. It was full of valuable information, but quite honestly I left feeling a little nervous and scared. I guess my personality is the "take it as it comes type". Now that I'm prepared, the anxiety has started. Yikes!

So onto a funny story that will prove how immature Scott and I are. For lunch, the cord blood banking company Viacord came in and gave a speech. About 20 minutes into the speech, the very serious sales guy starting listing some of the diseases and conditions banked blood could cure. "It can cure things like diabetes, lymphoma, certain cancers, stroke, fart attacks, leukemia, etc." Did you catch that one? Fart attacks? total freudian slip I guess and he kept on going. Scott started the giggles first, then he got me started. I didn't notice anyone else in the room who got so tickled over it. I would start to regain my composure, then look over at scott and start laughing so hard I cried again. Back and forth, back and forth causing each other to laugh so hard we were shaking the chairs. Scott was at least crying/laughing silently, but I kept having to gasp for air. I finally had to leave the classroom. He continued talking for about 20 minutes and i just stood in the hallway. I knew the second I walked back in and looked at Scott I would start laughing again. Oh my goodness, I haven't had a laugh like that for ages. I wonder what that was like for Beanette.

All in all it was a good class and we got a lot of great info. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard and I'm at the point in my pregnany where the bladders is super tiny. So...

    Thanks for the giggle. xo- S

    ReplyDelete