Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Appetite- Where are you?

I haven't had much of an appetite these days.  I'll eat when it's time, but I don't get hungry often.  When it comes time to eat, nothing really sounds good.  A lot of my meals are fruit filled.  I've always heard about how hungry pregnant women get, but I'm assuming that's just further down the line.  We're 17.5 weeks and I think the books call for just 200 extra calories a day. 

I would be hungry more often if I needed more calories, right?  I figure the baby will take what it needs...hope I'm right.

(ps.  there are definitely days I eat over my calories allotment.  For example, at the wedding brunch Sunday I was really bad:  2 donuts, 2 servings of berries (straw and blue), half of a blueberry bagel with cream cheese and a large glass of OJ). 

2 comments:

  1. not sure if it's different with a singleton as opposed to twins, but i had to force myself to eat on many occasions. i had to aim for 100 grams of protein per day. one portion of steak has like 13 grams, so you can imagine how much food that is. it's hard to eat that much for sure, but you're not doing it for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops! hit the post button too early ;)

    anyway, just wanted to say to hang in there! you are doing such a good job baking that little bean! a trick i learned, if you can stomach it, was to drink chocolate milk with a little bit of ice cream and or cottage cheese whipped up in it at the end of the day. protein and calories. and yummy!

    ReplyDelete