Monday, March 29, 2010

Great Weekend

Scott won his first ever ALTA tennis match. WAY TO GO SCOTT! I went down to watch and boy was it chilly! The guys on his team are great, and both of us playing tennis has allowed us to meet lots of new folks in the new 'hood.

My planned match was Sunday, but forecast was 80% chance of rain. We played Saturday. It was GREAT weather, so that was nice. We lost the first set, but battled back and won in three sets. I played really sucky the first set and a few games into the second set. Holly came with the boys to cheer me on. It was like a switch went off and I was a new tennis player. Thanks for cheering on "ashy" max and Alex! You were my lucky charms! We ended up winning 4-6, 7-5, 6-2.

Then we had a FABULOUS dinner and date night at Bluepointe. It was fabulous although I ate way too much. The company was great too. Thanks for joining us Tripper and Holly.

Sunday was a good errands, clean up and lounging day. I watched Kung Fu Panda which was cute. I made one huge mistake on Sunday: I went to the store before eating and turned ravenous while shopping. It turned into another random grocery shopping experience where I bought WAY too much food. I haven't had a crunch ice cream bar since the 5th grade, so of course I needed those. Fruity deserts sounded good too, and I couldn't decide so I threw in some juice pops. Iced animal crackers also sounded yummy so those were a winner too. Doing aisle-by-aisle shopping is always a bad idea, but add in a starving pregnant lady and you've got trouble. I even had to open the pretzels and start munching. Ugh!

Scott helped me unload the groceries and kept opening the bags and laughing. There are too many random things to mention, but hey...that's what little bean wanted =)

Scott had a soccer game late Sunday afternoon and although I didn't get to see his rock-star playing he was named MVP of the match. Nice job!

Ended up the evening with soft taco night. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment