Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where would you go?

Scott and I are trying to plan a babymoon. He's traveling abroad with school, so our vacation days are limited. This will be more of a long weekend. Current places we are throwing around:

- London
- Vancouver/Montreal
- New York City (piggy back a work trip)
- Maine/New Hampshire
- Carribean Cruise/Alaskan Cruise
- Tropical/Beach somewhere maybe Los Cabos, Caribbean, or Riviera Maya

We'd be going mid-May to end of June (26-32 weeks along). I want to relax, but I'm okay with a little "on the go" fun. I normally love the beach, but I'm thinking I'd get hot pretty quick.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely NO WAY could I choose between all of those fabulous places!!! But if I had too ... remembering back to my round belly days ... I would choose the beachy areas.....all the walking (ahem waddling) required in the big cities would turn me off to them!!!
    The beach may be warm but you can get into the water ... floating takes the pressure off your feet and back .... and the virgin drinks ...ohh la la!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackinac Island, Michigan. We had our first babymoon there.... absolutely lovely. A lot of riding bikes to the beaches- and a lot of great fudge shops!! BTW, the area is flat- so it was an easy bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would definitely pick somewhere more laid back for this trip. that way, if you end up mostly sitting around and just hanging out, you won't feel like you missed something. you just never know what's going to be going on with your body and the thought of having to walk all over town with sausage feet, well, that just would be miserable!

    i'm so glad you guys are doing this. i so wish we had. silly bedrest ruined our fun!

    ReplyDelete