Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Friend is in on Our Little Secret

I'm about to leave work yesterday when I get a call on my cell.  It's a best friend I haven't talked to in a while and I really needed to catch up.  Here's the conversation:
Ashley:  "Hey"
Friend:  "Are you preggers?"
Ashley:  "What?  No."
A second of silence...
Friend:  "Do you promise?"
Ashley:  "Darn it.  Maybe."
Friend:  "What?  No way."
Ashley:  "I don't know what to say.  I didn't want to tell you like this."
I can't lie to my friends.  Period.  I could have told the little fib if she didn't bring up the word "promise".  I caved and told her over the phone.  I suck.  I wanted to tell in a fun way.   She couldn't shake the thought that I was pregnant...what good intuition.  We decided to grab dinner and it was fun to have her as the first friend in on the little secret.  She was super excited and supportive (as she always is)!  I'll keep her anonymous for now.  Welcome friend, love ya'.

No comments:

Post a Comment