Monday, January 25, 2010

Valego and Mandy Dinner "Tell All"

Here's the story for Sunday night's secret telling.  I made my chili for the group (my mom's chili with a few tweeks).  It was such a rainy, ugly day I'm glad no one had to cancel.  Kelly and Darby are two of my best friends, and I hadn't invited them over to see the house yet.  The main excuse for dinner was for them to see the house.  Kelly and Scott arrived first.  We gave them a tour.  When we got to the future nursery I said "And this is our nursery".  My thought was hopefully that would lead to some sort of question or "hey, wait...what did you say?"  It didn't really work, so I decided I would have to try and find another way to tell them. I also thought it would be fun to tell Darby and Kelly at the same time. 

Fast forward to the Darby/Brent tour.  The boys headed to the basement to check out the games, etc.  Mia was getting a little restless so we started our own tour upstairs.  Again, as we went into the yellow room I said "and this is our nursery".  Still nothing, I guessed I needed to be a little more blunt so I added "....in August." That made the light bulbs go off and they screamed and were super excited. 

If you need a great chili recipe, let me know.  Dinner was great.  Company was great.  They loved the house.  Mia was adorable as always...a little shy until she got used to the adult crew...but adorable.   Mia is the same age as Max and Alex (Holly and Tripper's twins).  They actually live about a mile away from each other, so they will be in the same class at school once kindergarden rolls around.  That's so much fun!  I wonder which twin she'll date first.  I'm thinking Max, Mia's on the smaller side too. 

all-in-all a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment