Wednesday, August 18, 2010

THE Big Day for the Scott Murphy Allen Family!

It's a little surreal to wake up and know that later on that day the birthing process of your firstborn will start and in about 36 hours you will have a live, breathing, helpless little human to take care of. We are excited...and nervous...but mainly excited.

8/18...you are on the clock. Daddy is sure I'll go into labor on my own before tonight. I think katelyn is pretty content in there. My belly is definitely expanding and every evening this week scott has taken some extra time examining the belly. He just laughs. I swear he thinks I've grown like 2 inches every day (not true!).

Last night we had our last date night without a baby. We went to downtown roswell and had a yummy meal at Salt (highly recommended, robin and laura- I had a burger this time and it was equally delicious). We went to bed early. We're both pretty tired in general, and I've been having trouble getting a good nights rest this week.

I'm at work for a while this AM, then I'll head home to finish packing and probably do a quick house clean so Katelyn comes home to a clean home. we are anxiously awaiting the call from the hospital to tell us what time to arrive.

We still haven't picked a middle name, so that news will come with the birth announcement email. Thanks for all the notes, calls, thoughts and prayers...we appreciate it. We are sure to have some downtime tonight, and maybe even tomorrow. We'll keep you posted via the blog.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Katelyn! We can't wait to meet you. Be easy on your momma. :)
    xoxo-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congrats guys! You will be fine and can't wait to see pictures!!

    Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and I can't wait to see how beautiful she is!!!

    ReplyDelete