Friday, August 13, 2010

Digital Upgrade

Scott and I both had digital cameras from before getting married. They are probably 8 years old. My camera probably took 2-3 seconds between pressing the button and taking the pic.

Scott and I decided we needed a new one about a week ago (yes, poor planning). I found a good deal on my favorite deal website, slickdeals.net, so we ordered one Monday and luckily it was a speedy delivery. We got it yesterday =) Scott's a SONY guy, so we got a Cybershot (pic below).

I snapped a few pics using the new camera this morning of the nursery. Here is a pic of the window wall with everything all set for katelyn except a little clean-up of the changing "extras" basket area.


And now for the main event! I purchased a really high end glider used from a neighbor. It was in great shape and was only used for one baby. My only issue was that it was natural colored wood and the pads were a sage green. We decided to paint it white which was very difficult. If you get paint in the "gliding" areas the chair can squeak. It took longer to tape off all the gears, snaps, etc. than it did to paint it. Finished product looks great. The best part of the glider transformation was the cushion recovering. Stacy "martha stewart" prather to the rescue (that's my mom for those of you that don't know her). She really is SO talented. I keep telling her to start a business. At first we were going to go with a tan microfiber that could be used in a boys room and would match the neutral rug we decided on. Upon further review, we landed on blue (suprise, suprise...I love blue!!!). I figure the chances of us having a boy for #2 are probably 99.8%, so we've been trying to plan the nursery to be transitioned to a baby boy in a few years. I think the final product looks great and I love how the pillow ties the paisley fabric back in. Don't you just love it?


We are still waiting on the adorable painting and the wooden letters to arrive. Once those are up, decorating will be complete for katelyn. Woo hoo! Until then, she will have a cute enough room to make her happy.

2 comments:

  1. the chair looks great, but where did you ever find that awesome K with the green frog?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps—i see another orb in the room! right above the glider near the crib. it's faint. see it?

    ReplyDelete