Monday, August 16, 2010

On the clock

My internal body clock is definitely prepping for newborn mode. I think I am waking up every hour on the half hour to pee. If I wake up and it has been 2 hours I get excited. (sleeping and getting comfortable with the pillow fortress isn't easy.)

At some point in the middle of the night I find myself realizing the next "birthdate" has arrived. I feel like this is a professional sports league draft or something. When I realize it's the next day, usually around 2:30am or so, I say to myself, "8/16...you are on the clock". Then I laugh at myself b/c that's pretty funny. This started about a week ago with 8/8.

I honestly thought Katelyn would come this weekend. Scott keeps commenting at how large the belly is. We took pics this morning, but the camera is at home. I'll post tonight or tomorrow. One thing I did get a pic of is the nursery name letters =) They arrived Saturday. The winner was...

#1- I primed them this weekend and creative aunt holly is going to help me decorate them. We'll do polka dots, stripes, flowers and solid colors with stitching. Guess we'll paint after Katelyn arrives.


We've got a doctors appointment today, so we'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. How did the Doc appt go? All the girls thought about you all weekend long. We wish you were in Charleston with us, but you have more important things to do here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps- love the letters! I can't wait to see them with the final details!!

    ReplyDelete