Monday, August 9, 2010

Docs Update

I had a doctors appointment this morning. All is well and there is a teeny bit of progress. The doctors have been worried that Katelyn is big, so they had me come back this afternoon for an ultrasound to determine size. Scott was able to meet me, so I'm glad that worked out.

Results: They estimate she is 8lbs. 4 oz. right now. This could be off by a pound, so I'm telling myself she's really in the 7's. That puts her in the 80th percentile according to their charts.

They gave us the option of inducing so she doesn't get any bigger. We decided to give her a bit more time to come naturally. They said she looks very happy in there and all the levels look good. One of the measurements they use to determine the size is leg bone length and her femur was really long. Hopefully that'll mean she gets scott's height (I'm 5'4", Scott is 6'1"). Maybe that is also throwing off the estimates.

We did get a few pics and this one is simply amazing. katelyn says "I see you." She was very active in there and kept opening her eyes. I'd be curious too. It was a day of poking for sure. I adore those chubby cheeks!!!

Hello katelyn!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have never seen an ultrasound on a baby at this point. How amazing! You can really see Katelyn. Just precious!! Can't wait to meet you baby girl- hang in there momma!!

    ReplyDelete